Healthy, sustainable, nutrition support the NOAD way!
Are you ready to take the weight of dieting off your shoulders for good? First of all, since we know diets don’t work – you won’t come in and get handed a list of good foods and bad foods and be sent on your way. The fact is, this is really not about weight loss. Lost weight is what you will say goodbye to when you work with Sumner to uncover and deal with why you’re eating. We know that everyone is unique. We know you have your own personal barriers for your struggles with weight. Maybe it’s been a lifetime battle, maybe not. What you can be sure of is that you will be heard and you will finally start to see progress toward feeling better and owning a healthy relationship with food. This type of work usually leaves new clients feeling like they have a new lease on life within the first few weeks and the benefits continue to build from there. Still not sure? Check out some of our recent testimonials to hear what people have to say.
What we recommend:
It takes weeks, months and sometimes years to make new behaviors habit. Don’t let this scare you, see it as a reason to get started now. As life continues to throw you curve balls, having the weekly support from your dietitian will allow us to work together to get through the lows and highs along your weight loss journey.
Think of the first appointment as your starting block and each follow-up appointment as a critical step along way to keep you on track.
- Initial 90-minute comprehensive assessment and goal setting consultation
- Weekly 30-minute check-ins
- Commit to your heath, commit to a program: 12-week, 6 months, 9 months, 1 year
What you can expect:
Sumner will provide you with a plan that incorporates your food preferences and medical nutrition needs into your lifestyle.
- Support, not judgment: Sumner is on your team. You will never be judged or criticized. We know this is a journey full of surprises and speed bumps but using your dietitian as a resource allows you to best overcome your personal struggles.
- Your consults will take place in a safe and confidential room where you can feel comfortable being honest.
- You will be pushed to explore new strategies outside of your comfort zone.
- If you cancel at the last minute, expect us to ask why. We are here to hold you accountable to your plan.
- I will give you suggested meal plans, recipes and many tools; however, you will be expected to dedicate some time and energy during your week to plan and follow through with your goals.
- You will not be encouraged to buy a bunch of new supplements; however if your dietitian has a concern that you’re not getting an adequate amount of a particular nutrient we do provide direct ordering with a pharmaceutical grade supplement company that we know and trust.