What to eat when you’re pregnant:
Pregnancy nutrition is a priority for you and your growing baby. With each trimester of your pregnancy your calorie and nutrient needs change. The right nutrition recommendations will provide guidelines for adequate protein, iron, healthy fats, calcium, fiber and vitamin intake necessary to support all the new growth and changes your body will undergo.
What we recommend:
Congratulations! You may have just discovered you’re pregnant! You will want to make an appointment to meet with your doctor and set up your first consultation with Sumner. We encourage you to come in every 8-10 weeks throughout your pregnancy to assess changes in weight, appetite and any new information from your doctor such as blood sugar levels, blood pressure, and other nutrition-related issues.
Throughout the duration of your pregnancy we will cover:
- Healthy weight management throughout pregnancy
- Meal planning to meet the demands of your busy lifestyle
- Managing nausea, food aversions and cravings
- Supplement recommendations
- What foods to eat in each trimester
- Prevention and/or management of Gestational Diabetes