Do you feel overwhelmed by high blood sugar?
Does your cholesterol continue to creep up every year and you just don’t know how to manage it without medication?
Private nutrition counseling can help you make tailored changes that are right for your unique body and meet the goals your doctor may have set for you. If you’ve just been told you have a medical nutrition condition such as high cholesterol, pre-diabetes or diabetes, or high blood pressure this is the time to set up your first appointment with Sumner. It’s very important to realize that quick changes are not always the best changes. Eating for health needs to be sustainable and realistic.
Together with a registered dietitian you will learn how to:
- Increase nutritious foods while still eating foods you love
- Eat essential healthy fats that play a role in lowering cholesterol
- Manage your blood sugar without feeling overwhelmed or hungry
- Eat foods that can help raise your good cholesterol
- Discuss ways to increase your physical activity
What we recommend:
- Initial 90-minute assessment appointment and care plan
- Bi-weekly or monthly check-in’s
What to expect:
- Please be prepared to bring in your most recent lab results at your initial appointment.
- You will make a few small changes each week to create new healthy habits.
- We will talk about exercise and how this helps you reach your goal.
- You will never be criticized or judged about what you eat- this is a team effort between your dietitian and you in a safe and supportive environment. We are all on the same team!
- Sumner may need your permission to discuss a care plan with your doctor.
Click here to get started today with Sumner.