Are you tired of the same old protein bar day after day? Your best bet is to be prepared with a little something fresh and delicious that satisfies you. What do I mean by satisfying? Ask yourself, “Do I want something crunchy or soft? Something hot or cold; sweet or salty?” You can get a great afternoon energy boost by having something that didn’t come from the office vending machine or the communal candy bowl. Try bringing one or a couple of these easy, balanced and flavorful snacks with you for when hunger strikes!
10 Easy & Balanced Afternoon Snacks:
- Tuna mixed with avocado, salt & pepper on AkMak® crackers
- Corn tortilla with melted cheese, black beans and salsa
- Green apple with thinly sliced Parmesan cheese
- 1 slice Ezekiel® cinnamon raisin bread with Swiss cheese or natural peanut butter
- Cottage cheese with pumpkin seeds and cinnamon
- Whole wheat pita with black bean dip and cucumbers
- Low-fat Chai tea latte (made with real tea) and cashews
- Snack bag: edamame, cherry tomatoes, bell peppers
- Hard boiled egg with whole wheat crackers and red pepper spread
- Red, orange or yellow bell pepper (super-high in Vit C) with Tatziki dip
Want more snack ideas? Check out these 13-Snack ideas to Keep in your Desk Drawer or these Gluten Free snack options. You might want to bake our Blueberry Muffins at home and freeze them for a quick snack on the go!